3 Tablespoons cornstarch, divided
1 pound flank steak, cut into thin 1-inch pieces
1/2 cup low sodium soy sauce
3 Tablespoons packed light brown sugar
1 Tablespoon minced garlic
2 teaspoons grated fresh ginger
2 Tablespoons avocado oil, divided
4 cups small broccoli florets
1/2 cup sliced white onions
- In a large bowl, whisk together 2 tablespoons cornstarch with 3 tablespoons water. Add the beef pieces to the bowl and toss to combine.
- In a separate small bowl, whisk together the remaining 1 tablespoon cornstarch with the soy sauce, brown sugar, garlic and ginger. Set the sauce aside.
- Heat a large nonstick sauté pan over medium heat. Add 1 tablespoon of the avocado oil and once it is hot, add the beef and cook, stirring constantly until the beef is almost cooked through. Using a slotted spoon, transfer the beef to a plate and set it aside.
- Add the remaining 1 tablespoon of avocado oil to the pan and once it is hot, add the broccoli florets and sliced onions and cook, stirring occasionally, until the broccoli is tender, about 4 minutes.
- Return the beef to the pan then add the prepared sauce. Bring the mixture to a boil and cook, stirring, for 1 minute or until the sauce thickens slightly. Serve with rice or noodles.