It’s fall in a mug. It warms your heart and your hands. That’s right, it’s pumpkin spice season! But this year, we’re helping you make that sure sign of the season right in your own kitchen!
- 1 cup milk or milk alternative
- 2 tablespoons pure pumpkin puree
- 1 tablespoon sugar (or more if you like it sweet!)
- 1/4 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice, plus more for sprinkling
- 1/4 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup hot espresso or strong brewed coffee
- Whipped cream, for serving
- Brew your coffee or espresso.
- While brewing, combine milk, pumpkin puree, and sugar to a saucepan over medium heat. Heat until hot, but do not boil.
- Remove the saucepan from the heat, and whisk in the vanilla, pumpkin pie spice, and the coffee.
- Garnish with whipped cream and a sprinkle of pumpkin pie spice.